Passport Info

Travel And Cruises • 760-942-4970 •

Leaving and Coming Back to the United States

United States citizens are required to have a valid passport to enter or re-enter the USA via airline transportation. Visit for information on how to obtain a passport, including forms, fees, and how to locate a passport acceptance facility near you. Many destinations require passports to be valid at least 6 months beyond the completion of travel date. If you are not a US citizen, check with the consulate of the country to which you are traveling for entry requirements.

Be Prepared with Proper Documentation

  • Make reservations under your name exactly as it appears on your Passport If your name appears differently on your ticket and your Passport, you must present legal documentation of your name change (marriage certificate or court order).
  • Have your passport officially amended to avoid confusion.
  • Passport expiration dates must be at least 6 months past the completion of travel.
  • If you are 16 years of age or older, you will need to show a proper photo ID. All identification must be current.
  • Expired or cancelled passport are unacceptable.
  • All US citizens are required to carry a valid passport when traveling outside the United States.
  • Domestic travel requires a valid government-issued photo ID.
  • Check to see if a visa is required for your particular destination including ports of call during your cruise.

Not Acceptable as Proof of Citizenship

Voter's registration, Hospital birth certificate, Notification of birth registration, Baptismal certificate.

Notarized Consent for Minors

  • Check with your airline as to what ID is needed for children under 18.
  • Any adult traveling outside of the US with a minor must carry a notarized affidavit from the minor's legal guardian(s).
  • Minors must have notarized parental consent to travel on spring break outside the US.
  • Please note: Dominican Republic law has instituted strict entry requirements for travelers under the age of 18. For further information, please consult us.
  • Parents meeting unaccompanied minors and persons accompanied by health-care assistants or guardians should contact their airline in advance to make special arrangements.
  • Documentation requirements are available on

Travel and Cruises is a member of CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association).

Powered by NetChain Communications